You can book this shuttle service if you are staying in Bocas Del Toro, Panama or in Puerto Viejo and other beach towns on the Caribbean Coast between Manzanillo and Cahuita, Costa Rica.
Border crossing has never been easier! Here’s how the Bocas del Toro to Puerto Viejo Shuttle Works:
- Meet at the Bocas Marine Tours dock right in the center of Bocas Town, Isla Colon
- Take a 30 minute scenic boat ride through the archipelago and mangroves to Almirante.
- Board the comfortable air-conditioned van waiting for you and drive 1 hour to the border.
- Our friendly staff will assist you with the border crossing immigration and customs to ensure you reach the other side hassle free.
- A van will be waiting for you on the other side to take you to your hotel in Costa Rica.
It’s that simple!! And the best part is that is affordable even for single travelers and couples. Even better, you will save even more money by booking online with The Real Deal Tours. So what are you waiting for? Book your hassle-free Bocas Del Toro shuttle today!
Bocas Del Toro Shuttle Details
- Ground Transportation in an air-conditioned shuttle van, Wi-Fi when available
- Boat transportation between Almirante & Bocas Town, Isla Colon
- Guided assistance at the border crossing
- Pick up or drop off at your hotel in Puerto Viejo
- If departing Costa Rica and coming to Panama, the itinerary would just be in reverse, leaving you at the water taxi terminal in Bocas Town.
- Pick up or drop off service available to Cahuita, Cocles, Punta Uva, Playa Chiquita and Manzanillo for an additional $6 fee.
Departures: 6:00 AM, 8:00 AM or 12:00 PM.
Length: 4 Hours Approx.
- Comfortable clothes for traveling
- Printed flight itinerary with departure to your home country within 90 days (bus passes not accepted if entering Panama)
- $4 Border Crossing fee to leave Panama (Bocas to Puerto Viejo Route)
- $8 Departure tax to leave Costa Rica + $4 Border Crossing fee to enter Panama (Puerto Viejo to Panama Route)
- Cash for extra expenses and tips for your guides
Children: Our shuttles are very family-friendly and children under 10 pay a discounted rate.
- You are allowed 1 large bag or suitcase per person, plus one personal bag (computer bag, day pack, large purse).
- There is a $7 fee for each extra piece of luggage, odd or over size/weight luggage, surfboard bag (max. 9’ between CR and Bocas).
Insider Tip: Border crossing can be tricky sometimes, so please be patient and be sure to have all required documentation with you. The guides will do their best in assisting you across the border hassle-free, but their hands are tied if you do not have proper documentation. Panama has really tightened up the border crossings recently and scrutinizes every detail. You must carry printed out documents, they will not accept anything on your phone or laptop screen.
Reserve Your Panama to Costa Rica Shuttle Tour Now
The Real Deal: $31.00
Child (Under 10):
The Real Deal: $25.00
Your Panama to Costa Rica Shuttle deposit is $8.00 per adult and $7.00 per child .
(The balance of $23.00 per adult and $18.00 per child is due in cash the day of the tour)
This tour has 3 departure times.